Friday, February 13, 2009

Nerves

Well, most of you know that I am having surgery next Friday, the 20th. I am having my thyroid removed. I have NEVER been put to sleep. The only times I have been in the hospital were to have my babies. So, needless to say I AM NERVOUS!!!! Mom had the same surgery by the same surgeon this past summer and all went REALLY well. This does boost my confidence, but I can not shake the nerves. I really did not realize how nervous I was until today. I TOTALLY forgot that Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I never forget holidays. I forgot to get Caylee's teacher a gift (SO unlike me). At school, I realized that I will only be teaching 3 days next week. Reality has set in that I am 1 week away from surgery. By this time next Friday, I should be in my hospital room recovering. Please say a little prayer for me that all goes well.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Heather,
I'll be praying for you. I know that you are very nervous! Just remember that its in God's hands :) You'll be just fine. Hope everything goes great!

Christie Jarvis said...

Hey Heather! You will definitely be in my prayers Friday. My best friend had her thyroid removed a year ago and I remember how she felt so I will be praying for and thinking about you during surgery & recovery.